Partner: The Policy Circle
The Policy Circle, a nonpartisan 501c(3), is seeking a responsible, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial new team member to join the fundraising efforts of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, systems-thinker who excels at connecting the dots. This role will be the hub of the development department and an integral component of our success in funding The Policy Circle mission.
This is a role with potential for growth and advancement within the organization and will provide ample opportunities to expand fundraising skillset.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Data Guru – Serve as the Development Team lead on all things Salesforce, including processing & recording gifts, updating and enhancing donor records, building out donor dossiers and owning donor data gift records and integrity.
- Research & Donor Intelligence – Conduct research regarding potential donors, sponsors and funders through various platforms (including WealthEngine), compile into dossiers, help prioritize prospects, and systematically capture in CRM.
- Foundation Tracking – Conduct research regarding foundation prospects, keep Grant Calendar up to date and share tasks/deadlines with team/grant writers to ensure timely submissions and reports.
- Team Support – Assist with administrative tasks and other team duties as requested including travel planning, calendar management and extensive scheduling.
- Event Support – provide some planning and execution support to Event Teams for donor-facing events and annual leadership summit.
- Community Engagement: Seek to deliver exceptional service to all Policy Circle community stakeholders by understanding their needs and pain points to personalize each interaction to build active and enduring relationships.
- Product Knowledge – Develop and cultivate a strong knowledge of The Policy Circle mission, products, programs and Ability to connect the dots between various stakeholders and relevant programs to identify opportunities and suggest value-added solutions.
- Professional Development – Engage in and attend regular team building Seek out best practices and strive to strengthen your skill set through available resources provided by The Policy Circle and other relevant partners.
Key Results/Metrics for Success:
Assist Development Team in meeting fundraising goals by:
- Streamlining and Maximizing Salesforce implementation/use to boost effectiveness of fundraising and stewardship efforts;
- Ensure timely, thorough and accurate interactions with prospective donors, foundations and key partners;
- Manage Development Team tasks to strengthen organization and enhance productivity; and
- Help identify new opportunities for funding through strategic research and relationship-centered approach to development.
Requirements & Preferred Proﬁciencies:
- 2-3 years fundraising support and/or executive assistant experience is required
- Previous administrative experience – managing multiple calendars, travel planning, etc. a plus
- Must be proﬁcient with Salesforce (SF Certiﬁcation a deﬁnite plus) with willingness to engage in weekly training
- Excellent research skills with knowledge of wealth screening tools (e.g. WealthEngine, Foundation Directory, )
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with eye for detail and accuracy
- Skilled using G Suite applications (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Calendar) – and willingness to learn new technology required
- Project management experience required, preferably with knowledge of project management tools such as Smartsheet, Basecamp, Slack,
- Agreement with and enthusiasm for Policy Circle Core Values
Hours & Status: 30-40 hours a week. Contract for 3 month trial period. If performance expectations are met, a full-time offer may be extended.
Location: Work remotely – will provide allowance for technology*
Salary Range: $4,000 – $5,500 per month with generous beneﬁts package worth $20k*
*If hired as a full-time employee.
This Job description is not all-inclusive, and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
Ready to Apply?
Take the next step to your Nonprofit Career! Click below to begin your application.
JOIN OUR TALENT POOL
Be the first to learn about new jobs with American Philanthropic and mission-aligned nonprofits.