NONPROFIT LEADERS, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT: BE BRAVE. DO SOMETHING.
A non-profit journalism enterprise established in 2010 by James O’Keefe, Project Veritas’ mission is to investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct in both public and private institutions in order to achieve a more ethical and transparent society.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
Being a goal-oriented Leader: You’ll be highly rewarded with a very generous compensation plan (base + amazing commissions) based on your strong performance!
You’re a Player-Coach: You’ll grow your team to be the best through incentive plans and by emulating / learning from your stellar performance!
Big Bold Game Hunter: You’re not afraid to do huge “asks” and expand / grow a long-established foundation of major donors!
You’ve been a hard working non-profit leader for years. This is the rare opportunity you’ve waited for: to achieve the next level in your career and have a compensation package that finally reflects your high performance and passion!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide leadership and oversight of all development resources, strategies, and activities. Includes creating, planning and managing successful initiatives in areas including major gifts, planned giving, grants, annual giving, special events, communications, and stewardship.
- Provide leadership (CEO, Board of Directors, Exec Director & CFO) with consistent, timely and accurate updates.
- Assure the effective execution of all development resources for development related activities.
- Provide leadership and guidance for campaign operational strategy, management, and processes, including timelines, objectives and metrics
- Manage a portfolio of existing and prospective donors that requires a systematic approach of personal visits and outreach.
- Build the skills, knowledge, and effectiveness of the development team in areas including annual giving, major gifts, events, donor relations, community partnerships, grants, communications, and stewardship
- Develop, edit and/or review written proposals, letters and other communications for individuals, corporations, foundations, and grantors
- Provide consistent follow-up after meetings, events and other activities to secure commitments or move relationships forward
- Demonstrate a passion for the importance and urgency of furthering PV’s mission
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to participate in solicitations and other resource development activities
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of PV’s annual operating budget, as well as campaign budgets, goals and timelines
- Maintain donor and financial records in accordance with GAAP and fundraising standards within Blackbaud suite of products (Raiser’s Edge).
- Maintain good public relations and ensure consistent design and development of marketing materials with internal Communication / Marketing Department as well as with third party vendors for forward facing donor outreach.
- Works with the senior management and development team (Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer) to develop and execute a multi-million dollar, multi-year strategy and monitor progress against goals.
- Coordinate and participate in visits between the CEO and major donors and prospects
- Will travel 50% across the US for events and donor visits
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE (Skills / Background / Passion)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Extensive non-profit / fundraising leadership (such as a VP of Development or Chief Dev Officer) You are a bold and innovative leader who wants to do more!
- Position is ON-SITE: Must live within the Westchester, NY area OR be willing to relocate there (Relocation package available)
- A strong passion for the unique mission or Project Veritas—you have followed the work of the org for years, and now want to leap into this opportunity with gusto!
- Must have experience with $1 million ‘asks’ and be able to bring with him / her a portfolio of major donors (Must have existing relationships with corporations, foundations and donors that can be leveraged to expand an existing robust donor base)
- Able and willing to travel 50% across the US
- Extensive experience with grant proposal writing and research experience
- Ability to develop strategic communications content
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Working knowledge of fundraising software, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Outlook/Teams as well as Keynote – Apple.