Major Gifts Officer
Partner: University of Austin
UATX, a non-profit to support the development of a university in Austin, TX, seeks a Major Gifts Officer to help execute its fundraising strategy, playing a key role in raising $250 million over the next three years. Qualified candidates will have deep experience and energy to work on a dynamic team focused on long-term relationship building with current and prospective supporters. The Major Gifts Officer will cultivate a portfolio of major donor supporters and prospects, and will plan and execute select donor events. Both team and individual success requires execution of a “moves management” strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit supporters capable of making 6- to 8-figure gifts.
- Working with the VP of Advancement and Strategy to establish quarterly fundraising goals and strategies, identify a shifting portfolio of donor prospects to cultivate, and execute specific “moves” (e.g., meetings, event invitations, donor materials) to build authentic relationships with prospective donors and hit revenue targets.
- Building your portfolio of major donor supporters and prospects, setting fundraising strategies for each, and executing on each. This will require frequent donor meetings via phone, Zoom, and face to face, with a minimum of 35% travel.
- Planning and executing donor events (dinners and receptions) in key cities.
- Working with other UATX team members to coordinate regarding UATX programs, donor messaging materials, online fundraising, and more.
- Collaborating with the VP of Advancement, the President of UATX, and other UATX team members on major donor strategy for donors within their respective portfolios.
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience in executing major gift fundraising strategies for individual and prospective supporters. In addition, candidates should possess a strong appreciation for the mission of the UATX.The successful candidate will have a strong writing capability, an entrepreneurial spirit, an ability to balance shifting and competing priorities, and the capacity to adjust strategies and tactics quickly in response to new opportunities and constraints. Substantive development/fundraising experience is required.