Donor Relations Officer
Partner: University of Dallas
Location: Dallas, TX
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated to and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking a Donor Relations Officer to manage the Advancement stewardship efforts from first-time donors to major donors, ensuring consistent communication across all channels. The position assists and reports to the Director of Alumni and Donor Relations and Program Services.
- Implement ways to steward University Societies, including but not limited to Legacy Society, Parent Council, and President’s Society, with the goal of increasing upgrades.
Responsible for major gift stewardship, including written correspondence from the president and reporting in the Delivers high-quality, tailored communications.
- Tracks all stewardship efforts in a concise manner such that they can be reported and delivered to supervisor and advancement leadership.
- Oversee endowment and major annual gift reporting, ensuring accuracy and timeliness to ensure key institutional donors received highly tailored, personalized stewardship that supports upgrade and pipeline development.
- Create and implement effective ways to communicate to major donors their impact through various methods of recognition, meaningful gifts, and/or events.
- Manage and support in-person and virtual stewardship events in planning and execution.
- Manage, order, and track all hospitality gifts and inventory in support of stewardship goals.
- Manage stewardship from student scholarship recipients in written communication and personalized phone calls from students to stewarded donors.
- Collaborate with marketing and annual giving to create and maintain a process for regular stewardship for first time donors, tribute gifts, and monthly donors.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective operation of University Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience in a development, accounting, or advancement services position.
- Experience with databases
- Strong interpersonal skills working with donors.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle confidential data.
- University or other nonprofit work experience preferred.
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred.
- Occasional evening or weekend work in support of University Advancement events.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; tuition benefits for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/