The Institute on Religion and Democracy is seeking to fill an administrative staff position. Candidates must have strong organizational skills–especially attention to detail–and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. He/she must be able to handle multiple tasks, to adapt quickly to the unexpected, and work well with others in a fast-paced, collegial environment. He/she must have a strong commitment to the mission of IRD and the ability to work comfortably in a conservative Christian environment.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Accounting, Business Management or a related field or three or more years of administrative experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Adequate experience with the donor database Raiser’s Edge and the accounting program, QuickBooks or similar software is preferred
- Ensure that overall office operations for a staff of 10 are performed smoothly. This will include office management tasks such as ordering office supplies, and maintaining the postage meter, copier, and fax machine and occasionally answering the phone.
- Working closely with the President and IRD’s accountant.
- Process payments/bills, maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
- Generate appropriate periodic financial reports.
- Assist the President in developing IRD’s annual budget.
- Work with technology partners to ensure the proper operation of IRD’s computer network.
- Maintain IRD’s central donor database, including exports and data entry.
- Coordinate the deposit, processing acknowledgement, and receipt of gifts.
- Direct the response to constituent communications, including fulfillment of requests for information and publications, and other assistance.
- Coordinate and organize support for IRD meetings and events.
- Assist the President in other projects as assigned.
- Applicant will perform all tasks under the supervision of the IRD President.
- Salary including benefits (paid vacation & sick leave, medical, life, and disability insurance) is negotiable depending upon experience; an optional retirement plan is available.
- Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
To apply, please send your resume with a one page cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to Fiona McDonnell, Office Manager, The Institute on Religion and Democracy, 1023 15th Street NW, Suite 601, Washington, DC 20005-2601.