EdChoice seeks a Major Gifts Officer who will be responsible for sustaining and upgrading an already-strong base of major individual donors.
The EdChoice mission is to advance educational freedom and choice for all as a pathway to successful lives and a stronger society.
As a member of EdChoice’s development department, the Major Gifts Officer will execute the aspects of the organization’s strategic development plan that pertain to major gift fundraising. The Major Gifts Officer will personally cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of existing EdChoice supporters around the country, utilizing tools such as a newly-implemented donor club structure, donor stewardship procedures, and moves management in Salesforce.
The Major Gifts Officer will work closely with the Vice President of Development. The Major Gifts Officer will work collaboratively with the Director of Development, as well as with the organization’s President and program staff in order to coordinate joint meetings when appropriate. The position is Indianapolis-based but will require significant travel, up to 70%.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with approximately 150 existing major donors across the country.
- Develop and execute individual strategies for engaging, cultivating, soliciting, upgrading, stewarding, recognizing, and retaining major donors.
- Travel throughout the United States for face-to-face cultivation and solicitation meetings with existing donors and donor prospects.
- Re-engage and renew lapsed donors and develop approach strategies for new major donor prospects.
- Effectively utilize tools such as the donor club and stewardship procedures to grow EdChoice’s major gift program by upgrading current donors.
- Keep accurate and thorough moves-management records in Salesforce.
- Support the President, Vice President of Development, and Director of Development in development efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to achieve clearly-articulated goals, both individually and as a team.
- Strong commitment to school choice and a passion for the particular mission of EdChoice.
- Three to five years of relevant fundraising and nonprofit experience, including donor-facing experience.
- Superior capacity for relationship-building with a wide range of personalities.
- Superior writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with development moves management and Salesforce.
- Strong ability to communicate EdChoice’s mission and build strong personal relationships with prospective and current major donors.
- Ability to self-regulate, schedule, and meet deadlines for major donor moves with little to no oversight.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills experience.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications. Compensation package includes competitive benefits with full medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability, and an immediately vested SIMPLE IRA with match up to 3% of salary
Please send cover letter and résumé to Abigail Alberti at email@example.com
EdChoice is an AA/EOE and does not discriminate based on disability.