Purpose and Scope
To support the Diocese of Phoenix in its mission to Encounter the Living Christ, this position performs complex administrative tasks that assist the Executive Director of Mission Advancement and coordinates support to the Donor Services Team.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Administrative Job Functions
- Provides support to the Executive Director of Mission Advancement.
- Collaborates with Chancery assistants to plan and execute events and programs.
- Attends calendar meetings called by the Chancellor’s office and attends other meetings as directed.
- Assists with Diocesan donor recognition correspondence.
- Prepares and mails priest birthday and ordination anniversary cards.
- Performs administrative tasks including, but not limited to maintaining calendars, word processing, transcribing minutes and filing for the Executive Director.
- Provides monthly budget status to the Executive Director of Mission Advancement and regularly monitors the budgets for the office.
- Responsible for phone coverage for the Executive Director and ensures all calls are answered in a professional and confidential manner.
- Reviews and proofreads all correspondence, reports, and documents for the Executive Director.
- Tracks and reports on all invoices, codes invoices for payment, prepares credit card statements and mileage reimbursements and tracks expenditures versus budget for Executive Director.
- Accesses information from various databases to provide critical information to the Executive Director.
- Assists the Office of Mission Advancement staff.
- Assists the Executive Director with maintaining donor files and relationship management.
- Assists the Office of Mission Advancement Director of Engagement and Director of Appeals.
- Coordinates special events, both virtual and live sponsored by the Office of Mission Advancement.
- Assists with Mission Advancement Council by scheduling meeting, taking minutes, and other administrative tasks.
- Works with contracted grant writer/consultant to prepare letters of inquiry, grant proposals, grant agreements, grant follow up and grant reporting.
- Researches and identifies foundations who might partner with the Diocese of Phoenix for grant support.
- Manages and track all proposals, funded grants, grant inquiries to potential funding partners.
- Assists and prepares Executive Director for Grant meetings.
- Assists in all aspects of Donor Services, including but not limited to
- Donor phone calls, email, and written correspondence
- Processing and distribution of daily mail
- Effective and accurate donor payment processing and data entry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have the ability to work well with others in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism in interaction with volunteers, donors, and other Diocesan employees.
- Must have a working knowledge of and the ability to utilize professional, courteous telephone techniques.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must have advanced knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures, including working knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to proofread documents.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Certified in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or willingness to become certified.
- Must be proficient in digital communications such as social media platforms, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, and Flocknote.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Active practicing Roman Catholic who is in full communion with the Church.
- Able to articulate a clear understanding of the Catholic faith and to serve as a committed witness to its mission.
- Ability to exercise prudent and independent judgment, and maintain efficient, confidential procedures in handling Diocesan matters.
- Ability to read and write in Spanish, preferred.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Vocational training in office procedures including computer applications.
- Three years in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can mail your materials to Human Resources at 400 E. Monroe St. Phoenix, AZ 85004/