Donor Systems Manager
Partner: The National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton
Location: Emmitsburg, MD
“Be attentive to the voice of grace.” -Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton
The National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton attracts tens of thousands of pilgrims annually. Visitors are up 40% over the last 5 years and journey to this historic site for its glorious Basilica, inspiring retreats, educational museum exhibits, living history programs, and daily tours of the historic grounds and houses where Mother Seton—the first native-born American Saint— worked, prayed, and lived.
The Shrine, having recently celebrated the 200th anniversary of Mother Seton’s death, is completing its $10 million capital campaign, A New Century of Charity. To help sustain the momentum generated by the campaign and to continue growth in its online and direct mail giving programs, the Shrine is seeking a Donor Systems Manager to establish integration and uniformity across multiple channels that ultimately promote a dynamic and compelling donor journey experience. The Donor Systems Manager will be an integral member of the development team and reports directly to the Executive Director. This position is hybrid and requires at least three days per week on-site.
To promote the life and legacy of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton as a source of inspiration and encouragement for all people.
2022 Core Initiatives: A New Century of Charity
- Develop Brand-New Museum and Visitor Center
- Expand Onsite Retreats and Devotional Services
- Enhance Production and Distribution of New Digital and Multimedia Program
501(c)(3) public charity
Board of Directors appointed by the Daughters of Charity Province of St. Louise and Sisters of Charity Federation of North Americ
Number of Employees
Annual Operating Budget
THE ROLE OF THE DONOR SYSTEMS MANAGER
The Donor Systems Manager is a pivotal member of the development team and works closely with the Executive Director, development advisors, and other Shrine staff. He or she will follow the strategic direction of leadership and take ownership of the implementation of those initiatives via systems, communications, and online giving platforms. Successful implementation of donor stewardship processes will be instrumental in maintaining and strengthening the experience of donors who support the Shrine’s mission.
This position requires an operationally savvy person, who is proficient in the configuration and maintenance of CRMs, has a solid understanding of an integrated fundraising approach, and can work closely with others to drive technical and operational solutions. The manager must be collegial, a good communicator, and have respect for the life and work of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Donor Systems Management: manage the Shrine’s donor CRM and related systems that include Altru CRM, online donation forms, email service providers, and social media accounts; create standard fundraising dashboards and reports to analyze trends and giving history; configure and maintain donor onboarding and stewardship system automations; support the implementation of consistent donor and stakeholder experiences across various platforms; remain current on best practices on latest functionalities and product releases with CRM and supporting software services; and troubleshoot CRM issues for development users with CRM software provider.
- Direct Response Support: provide donor segmentation lists for print and digital campaigns; import and export data in accordance with organizational practices, set up sequence automations and reporting for direct mail, email, and digital advertising efforts; oversee quality and inventory of printing materials of all donor and constituent communications; and support analysis of strategic efforts.
- Department Support: work closely with major gift officers to ensure CRM settings, dashboards, and reports support their strategy with major gift donors and prospects; support the implementation of gift and constituent entry policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and data hygiene best practices; and integrate development team’s data processes with finance, marketing, and other departments to ensure accurate donor records.
The Donor Systems Manager will have at least 3-5 years of experience managing a donor CRM. Experience with Altru or a Blackbaud system is preferred, but not required. A successful candidate must also have an appreciation for the donor lifecycle and its various stages. Since the Seton Shrine is growing, the ideal candidate will embody a resourceful, agile, and dedicated personality to meet the demands of a growing philanthropic mission.
He or she will also:
- Have strong alignment with the Seton Shrine’s mission and vision of educating and inspiring future generations with Mother Seton’s story.
- Be highly effective in forming trusting relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate an ability to synthesize complex information.
- Possess strong analytical, operational, and technical skills.
- Exhibit an exceptional attention to detail.
- Have familiarity with various communication platforms.
- Possess superior organizational, project-management, and time-management skills to ensure the successful execution of competing deadlines.
- Seek the well-being of the mission overall.
AMERICA’S CATHOLIC HERITAGE
“When so rich a harvest is before us, why do we not gather it? All is in our hands if we will but use it.
Over 200 years Mother Seton has created a place for people to serve others. God’s special vocation for Elizabeth led to her bold and inspired work, making this historic site a privileged and sacred place in America.
Seton Shrine memorializes her legacy—and the legacy of American Catholics. It was here that she founded the country’s first community of religious women and established the country’s first free Catholic school for girls staffed by sisters. Two centuries later, her witness has born several religious communities with thousands of sisters, who serve others in schools, social service centers, and hospitals throughout the entire world. Mother Seton was canonized in 1975, and her remains are entombed at the National Shrine that bears her name.
- Cover letter that outlines 1) your interest in the position 2) how your values align with the mission 3) a highlight of your professional and/or personal achievements that have particular relevance to your ability to perform the role’s duties with excellence
- Three professional references