American Philanthropic’s In the Trenches
A master class series
Strategic Development Planning for Your Nonprofit Organization
Meeting your fundraising goals doesn’t happen by accident. It takes consistency, intentionality, and focus. It takes saying no to distractions. In other words, it takes a development plan. Given the demonstrated unpredictability of the world around us, planning for your organization is even more important than ever. In this master class, you’ll learn the how and why of creating an achievable, actionable strategic plan that will help you to reach (or exceed) your fundraising goals.
This master class will cover:
- What baseline data you need to get started and who should be involved
- How to build a gifts table and set realistic goals
- What activities to prioritize on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis in order to find new donors and cultivate the ones you already have
- What activities and benchmarks to track to monitor your progress
- Thursday, October 27, 2022: 1:00-4:00PM ET.
- Thursday, January 12, 2023: 1:00-4:00PM ET
What is included in my registration?
Registration starts with a seat in the master class, but doesn’t end there. In addition to attending the master class, you will receive:
- training materials on the master class topic for future reference,
- the best essays and practicalities on the master class topic from Philanthropy Daily,
- a copy of The Forgotten Foundations of Fundraising by Jeremy Beer and Jeffrey Cain,
- and a 30-minute one-on-one consultation with an American Philanthropic consultant at a time of your choosing following each master class.
How much does each session cost?
A bundle of five classes is available for $1,000. Purchased class bundles are transferable within your organization, but only one person can participate in a class per registration.
How many people will be in the class?
Each class will have no more than 20 participants. We want to keep the classes as intimate as possible to allow time for plenty of discussion and Q&A.
How will the class be conducted?
The class will be conducted over video conference. Participants will receive a private link and password to join the video conference prior to the master class.
Who is the ideal participant?
The ideal participant is a nonprofit development leader with several years of fundraising experience. While most master classes include some background introductory material on the given subject, they assume a basic level of familiarity with the subject at hand and are designed to help those seeking to further develop their skills.
Do you have a waiting list?
Yes. Each session has a waiting list. If a registrant can’t make a session, we notify the first person on the waiting list. The waiting list for each class is first-come, first-served.
Do current clients receive a discount?
Yes. If you’re a current client, please contact us for a special discount code.
Will participants receive CFRE credit for participating?
No! We would post our reasoning here, but it’s lengthy. Feel free to ask—but do so at your own risk!