The March for Life Education and Defense Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that coordinates the world’s largest annual pro-life event and civil protest. Through the annual March in Washington, DC, marches in state capitals across the country, and through being the collective voice of Pro-Life marchers, on Capitol Hill, in the Media, and on social media every day of the year, the organization is uniquely positioned to build a culture of life.
The Executive Director will report to the President. As Executive Director, you will work closely alongside the President of the March for Life and your primary responsibility is the overall day-today direction of the organization, which includes overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of March for Life. As needed, this position will also include assisting the President with Development and Outreach activities.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- A hybrid work environment: Will work on-site in office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with 10am to 2pm as core hours. Mondays and Fridays can work remotely!
- Will directly impact this mission with its growth plans to expand state by state within the next 5 to 10 years
- Will support a wonderful president who is looking for her right-hand person!
- Opportunity to participate in public speaking engagements, if interested!
- Excellent benefits including generous retirement plan!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Executive Director will:
- Maintain broad working knowledge of all March for Life activities.
- Plan, organize, and direct the organization’s overall operations and programs.
- Ensure that the March for Life mission is fulfilled through implementation of the strategic plan.
- Assist with and reports on the organization’s results for board of directors. Attend Board meetings and provides updates to Board
- Provide leadership to and supervises March for Life staff to ensure appropriate support of March for Life work across all departments.
- Recruit and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth opportunities, and personal development for workers. With help of Director of Operations, manages Human Resource needs.
- With consultation of President, identify candidates, conduct interviews and hiring – including the collection and filing of necessary documents, and management of staff
- Manage and oversee all payroll, healthcare insurance, retirement benefits, etc.
- Meet with Director of Development to update on organizational needs and assisting with development as necessary
- Oversight of all contracts by acting as the main point of legal contact with General Counsel and reviewing and approving all service contracts
- Provide general oversight and planning of components for the March for Life event in January and State March Programs to ensure cohesive execution of March for Life’s strategic plan.
- General Supervision of all aspects related to administration – legal, accounting, hiring. On the programmatic side, supervise (with the help of staff) livestream production, development campaigns, grassroots engagement, and operations to ensure unified messaging, identifying, and assisting in the resolution of obstacles that affect the whole as they arise.
- Supervise financial operations of the organization. Develop, implement, and operate within the annual budget (in conjunction with Director of Operations). Plan, prepare for, and participate in annual audit in conjunction with Board Treasurer and Director of Operations
WHAT YOU HAVE (SKILLS / BACKGROUND / PASSION):
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role for a nonprofit organization, with strong staff management experience
- Passion for building a culture of life / have participated in pro-life activities
- BS degreed required / MS degree is a plus
- Strong sense of initiative! A flexible attitude: willingness to “wear different hats” as needed to accomplish mission of the organization
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills including proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment with deadline driven timelines
- Comfortable with public speaking and Board presentations
- Comfortable with development activities
- Open to light travel, maybe once a month