LOCATION: Remote or in one of our offices in West Chester, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Chicago, IL; or, Denver, CO.
American Philanthropic is a growing, national philanthropic consulting and services firm with offices in the Philadelphia, Chicago, Phoenix, and Denver metro areas. American Philanthropic works with charitable foundations and nonprofits to strengthen civil society—those nongovernmental, non-market-based associations and organizations which are vital to the health of our democracy. To do this, we offer strategic planning and assessment services, as well as a variety of services related to grantmaking and fundraising including development training, messaging and branding assistance, creation of donor-oriented materials and solicitations, donor prospect research, and direct mail program management, among others. More information is available at www.americanphilanthropic.com.
The CRM specialist is primarily responsible for providing consulting and services on American Philanthropic’s client HubSpot engagements. Through expertise on HubSpot, the specialist will support prospective clients in determining if HubSpot is the right CRM for their scale, business goals, and growth plans, as well as provide the CRM transition, implementation, training, and maintenance. The implementation specialist will work with other members of the data services group to ensure excellent coordination of all services, especially as the organization continues to expand and develop new initiatives.
Technical acumen coupled with strong communication skills and a passion for solving challenging problems is required for success in the role. The ideal candidate will have strong alignment with American Philanthropic’s values and distinct approach to fundraising. Over time, the CRM specialist will acquire a strategic understanding of the fundamentals of nonprofit fundraising. Primary activities and responsibilities include the following:
Client Engagement Lead
- Serving as the main client engagement lead and providing excellent client services through reliable and prompt communication, realistic deadlines, and results;
- Implementing client onboarding of Hubspot, taking the lead on implementation, product configuration, technical integrations, campaign set up, training, and reporting;
- Defining processes and customer journeys that will inform how HubSpot should be implemented for a number of different clients who vary is sector and scale;
- Evaluating client’s marketing requirements and objectives to define implementation roadmap; and,
- Responding in a prompt and professional manner to client communications and needs and/or managing up to others involved with the client when their input is needed.
- Managing HubSpot platform for clients, setting up communications, email segmentation and lists, data imports and exports, workflow and sequence automations, custom marketing reporting setup;
- Maintaining ongoing communications with HubSpot support for system updates and remaining current on best practices and on the latest functionalities and product releases;
- Managing HubSpot dashboards by developing reports and processes to ensure data quality and integrity, initiating data migration and cleansing projects as needed; and
- Routinely updating and running open rate reports/analytics, and conducting split and messaging tests as needed; and
- Implementing and regularly refining workflow automation.
- Managing progress tracking using planning tools for both internal and external use to monitor status of client deliverables and ensure their timely delivery;
- Assisting with the tracking and internal coordination of client projects and calendars as requested;
- Scheduling client meetings and calls;
- Drafting and sending call agendas, taking call and meeting notes, and tracking action items;
- Managing user access and permissions within HubSpot to determine appropriate user permissions, roles, and teams for all users;
- Trouble shooting any technological issues and driving resolution to meet deadlines;
- Interacting professionally by phone and email with internal and external partners including consultants, contractors, and vendors;
- Completing tasks efficiently, accurately, and on time by taking ownership of each project assignment; and
- Collaborating closely with group members on integrated client services.
- Working with Hubspot liaisons and managing consultant of the data services group to pursue, qualify, and acquire new clients;
- Acquiring an awareness of the business development process at American Philanthropic and supporting the company’s growth efforts as requested;
- Representing the firm at client meetings, conferences, seminars, and other events;
- Ensuring accurate timekeeping and records;
- Assisting senior staff with administrative tasks as needed; and
- Assisting with the performance of other company-related tasks as needed.
The position reports directly to the managing consultant, data services, and may require occasional travel (2-3 days/month on average) for meetings, events, and trainings.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of implementation experience with Enterprise platforms, preferably 1-2 years of SaaS experience. Liberal arts background and nonprofit experience preferred, but not required. An exceptional candidate will demonstrate:
- An initiative to continue own professional development and expertise of Enterprise platforms;
- Strong personal interest and commitment to American Philanthropic’s mission of strengthening society’s “little platoons”—the independent mediating institutions and voluntary associations that constitute civil society and are vital to human flourishing;
- Personal interest in and alignment with the client base served by American Philanthropic, as well as facility with contemporary American political, cultural, sociological, and economic discourse, especially as those realms of thinking impinge upon civil society;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a capacity to build personal relationships of trust and respect both with clients and colleagues;
- An exceptional ability to multi-task, organize, and manage multiple projects and deadlines with a high degree of prudence and conscientiousness;
- Strong technical skills and domain experience preferably in inbound marketing annnd marketing automation;
- Capacity to take personal ownership of projects, accomplish tasks, manage up to others, and make consistent progress on projects with minimal supervision;
- A strong work ethic, humble manner, and willingness to go above and beyond when necessary in order to help our clients and the company succeed and grow; and
- Enthusiasm about the opportunity to help build a fast-growing consulting and services firm into a major force in American philanthropy; and
- The desire and ability to make a positive contribution to a company culture that values practical wisdom, excellence, integrity, hard work, and conviviality.
- Cover letter that outlines 1) your interest in the position 2) how your values align with our mission 3) a highlight of your professional and/or personal achievements that have particular relevance to your ability to perform the role’s duties with excellence
- Three professional references