Everyone loves to hate their database. It’s confusing. The data is hard to get out, hard to put in. The answers we get out are often wrong or at least unreliable. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be that way. A strong development database that’s well-maintained by people who know what they’re doing can be a vitally important tool to any organization looking to grow its fundraising. In this master class, you’ll learn how to set up a database and how to use it.
The class will feature a live walkthrough of a “gold standard” database and show class participants how to manipulate data and reports in real-time to get the information they need to assess and drive development activity.
This master class will cover:
- Basic considerations to keep in mind when identifying a database platform
- The role of a database in a successful development program
- Essential features of a high-performing development database
- How to build and customize reports in Salesforce
- Which reports reviewing on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
What is included in my registration?
Registration starts with a seat in the master class, but doesn’t end there. In addition to attending the master class, you will receive:
- training materials on the master class topic for future reference,
- the best essays and practicalities on the master class topic from Philanthropy Daily,
- a copy of The Forgotten Foundations of Fundraising by Jeremy Beer and Jeffrey Cain,
- and a 30-minute one-on-one consultation with an American Philanthropic consultant at a time of your choosing following each master class.
How much does each session cost?
A bundle of five classes is available for $1,000. Purchased class bundles are transferable within your organization, but only one person can participate in a class per registration.
How many people will be in the class?
Each class will have no more than 20 participants. We want to keep the classes as intimate as possible to allow time for plenty of discussion and Q&A.
How will the class be conducted?
The class will be conducted over video conference. Participants will receive a private link and password to join the video conference prior to the master class.
Who is the ideal participant?
The ideal participant is a nonprofit development leader with several years of fundraising experience. While most master classes include some background introductory material on the given subject, they assume a basic level of familiarity with the subject at hand and are designed to help those seeking to further develop their skills.
Do you have a waiting list?
Yes. Each session has a waiting list. If a registrant can’t make a session, we notify the first person on the waiting list. The waiting list for each class is first-come, first-served.
Do current clients receive a discount?
Yes. If you’re a current client, please contact us for a special discount code.
Will participants receive CFRE credit for participating?
No! We would post our reasoning here, but it’s lengthy. Feel free to ask—but do so at your own risk!