Be part of a mission that promotes a free and virtuous society!
Our client, The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty, is seeking a Major Gifts Officer who is passionate about being part of the Liberty Movement sustained by religious and moral principles.
This role will be responsible for managing donors and prospects, developing and implementing strategies to engage and cultivate donors, and soliciting gifts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a dynamic major donor portfolio (estimated 100-125 individual and foundation prospects and donors) by cultivating relationships through frequent communication, keeping them informed of Acton’s work and the impact of their contributions
- Identify and qualify prospects, cultivate ongoing donor relationships, solicit funds, and steward donors, cycling through the portfolio by implementing strategic moves management
- Conduct approximately 10-15 major donor meetings monthly to present on Acton’s mission and ongoing projects to those within portfolio and make approximately 5 solicitations monthly
- Serve as a secondary giving officer for the President by helping plan, develop, and execute strategic presentations, proposals, and other collateral for donor meetings
- Work closely with the foundation relations team on strategy, proposals, and reporting for foundations within the portfolio
- Travel to donor-centric events involving the cultivation and stewardship of current donors and the identification and qualification of prospective donors
- Prospect donors using various tools for upcoming events or meetings
- Assist with strategy and execution of small-scale campaigns for specific projects
- Establish metrics and use data to track, analyze, and prepare monthly reports to analyze progress and subsequently determine necessary actions to maximize productivity
- Utilize a CRM database for recording tasks
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, graduate degree is a plus
- Strong alignment with the institute’s mission and culture, possessing the passion to promote a free and virtuous society
- Intellectually rigorous and intellectually curious!
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and direct personal solicitation of funds, preferably in major gifts
- Experience identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospective and current donors with a demonstrated track record of attracting major contributions
- Can travel 35% domestically and 5% internationally
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to give persuasive presentations to achieve desired fundraising results
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- Acton is the only institute within the liberty movement which also understands the necessity of religion and morality in order for liberty to be sustained
- Major growth opportunity to move into management within an organization that is also rapidly increasing in size!
- Work with a team of like-minded professionals who are passionately committed to a vision of society that is both free and virtuous, the end of which is human flourishing. To clarify this relationship, the Institute holds seminars and publishes various books, films, monographs, periodicals, and articles.